Monday, March 25, 2013

What's Good

I think today I need to remind myself of what's good about me and my life.  I've been so negatively focused for such a long period, that I think I need a refresher course of my good qualities and what I love about life. 

I'm tired of feeling dredged in sadness and feeling sorry for myself.  I'm sure I'm becoming a pain to my friends and family, and for someone who is so afraid of being judged negatively, it doesn't make me feel any better knowing the impression I am leaving on them.

So, if I can write type down my good qualities, the good things I have going for me and the things I love, maybe that will make me, once again, realize how good I've actually got it.

  • I'm marrying my best friend in 33 days. :)
  • My sister and I couldn't be more opposite, but she's the best sister ever
  • My parents are AMAZING, everything I strive to be
  • I have two awesome puppies that truly love me unconditionally
  • My extended family is super close and I love getting together with every single one of them
  • We own our home and are having fun updating it
  • Despite the tone of this blog, I'm actually pretty funny and I love trying to make people laugh
  • I am a really good cook and will spend hours in the kitchen trying new things
  • I love adventure, camping and being outdoors
  • I think I'm one of the nicest people ever
  • I'm a great gift giver
  • I'm a talented graphic designer
  • I think I'm pretty smart
  • I always soak in every moment, thouroughly enjoying the little things in life.
  • Two things that ALWAYS put me in a good mood:  sunshine and good music
  • I'm a very good competitive swimmer.  I love the water.  I will be a mermaid in my next life.
  • I love going to the lake and relaxing on a boat
  • I love fashion.  I will be a fashion designer/stylist/makeup artist mermaid in my next life.
  • I love history and antiques.. I swear I'm like a 60 year old trapped in a 27 year old's body.. My birthday present was a trip to the American Pickers shop..

I could go on, but I think that this list reaffirms that my life is great!  It's definitely what I needed today.  When my mind is so bogged down with the negative, it's easy to forget who I really am.

I also want to share with you my awesome puppies:





And proof that I really do like to make people laugh :)


No comments:

Post a Comment