Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I'm All About

Hi, I'm Erin, and I've been a type 1 diabetic since October 2006. I wanted to start this website to not only help raise awareness of diabetes, but as an outlet to express stories about my life living with this disease, and to provide relief to other diabetics and their support systems to show that you are not alone in the crazy "Beets" world.
 

I'm a graphic designer, by heart, living in the midwest with my amazing and supportive fiance, Brandon. (Only 45 more days until we're married!!)  I spent the first nine years of my life in Iowa, which makes me a huge Hawkeye fan, and the rest of my adolescence in a small town in southwest Wisconsin. I love to stay busy, but when I give myself time to relax, you'll find me outside; camping, looking at the stars, spending time on and in the water, and exploring new places. I love to cook, although I cannot bake to save my life (I try!), and Brandon and I love to try new foods, so I'm always on the look out for new, healthy recipes for us to enjoy. I'm very close with my entire family and try to spend as much time with them as I can, and now that my sister and I are in the same city, it's a lot easier to catch up with her. I'm always up for a challenge, always looking for ways to be silly and make people (and myself) laugh and I'll try anything (almost) at least once. I'm a great listener, a good advice giver, and I'm always there when someone needs me.


I know how hard it is battling your everyday life while adding the Beets on top of it. I hope that you can find the love, support, and more than occasional laugh that you need to keep your head up and to give you the courage to get through every day positively. My support system means the world to me and I hope I can give you the support and comfort that you're looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Diabetes Online Community, Erin! Great to see another voice, and I hope that you're able to find some support and what you're looking for. Amazing how much this community has grown during the past several years, and it's so great to have a large number of D-peeps sharing stories! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete